Monday, July 7, 2008

What did I dream last night?

I had this constant thought in my head as I've been growing older, why can't I ever remember my dreams anymore? This thought makes me sad, there will be mornings were I will wake up, and feel genuinely good so I know I just woke up from a good dream. I search my memory, can't pick up anything! And yet again I say shit. I liked having dreams, especially, you know, those ones I could recollect! I just miss them...Now occasionally, I can remember a dream I've had and it will actually remain fresh in my memory for more than a second after I wake up, but there's always a problem with them. This one dream I had almost a year ago, I was on a subway car, and I remember it was me and two of my friends that were on the car. friend number two looked sad as friend number one and I smiled at each other. Ok to begin with, tell me what's wrong with that? I don't know who these two were in my dream! Oh and it gets better...So friend number two is still looking sad, but then friend number one and I grab her by the arms and lead her through the next doors with her eyes closed. The doors close behind us, then we tell her to open her eyes. She does, and the sadness she had vanishes, in it's place is a huge smile as she runs over to this guy in a tux. A tux? Ok the dream goes on to have friend number one go over to this other guy in a tux. Then I look around me and see decorations in white, little flowers and lace pinned up all around the subway car....ok....Then I go over to this guy, and in my conscience mind, I'm feeling pretty good right now because the guy takes me and kisses me, I smile at him. Well then that scene ends, I find myself kind of, poking a red wall. The guy I kissed is behind me saying, "Get away from the wall, Beth." He sounded concerned, but I was still facing the wall and now with my full palm smacking the wall, I say to him, "I have to see if It's solid." So I start leaning into the wall, by then the guy was more than a few feet away from me as if he anticipated my actions, and jumps in front of me pushing me back, only to end up falling through the wall himself. In my mind, my emotion jumped to fear. Then I end up running down this glass stair case and end up right beside him. He's hunched over in pain, looks at me, immediatly I embrace him and he starts crying....saying I love you over and over. WELL JEEZ. What a dream, right? Well I wake up, Hey! I remembered one of my dreams! I was feeling pretty nifty. Then when I try to remember the guy.....NOTHING. DAMN IT! Couldn't remember the face!!! Well that figures! Ever since, It's kinda been a monkey on my back along with this current dream of mine that I've already had THREE times this past week and it is actually pretty painfully frightening for me. I'm in my house, my room to be more specific, and I'm reading. I stand up, put the book down and head to the kitchen for a glass of water. I go to the cupboard for a glass, turn, and there's my dad....the glass shatters and I stand there tearing up in disbelief, I could feel my sleeping self crying. He looks at me, says, "Jesus! Why'd you do that?!" I just look at him saying to myself, "How is this possible?" "Am I being punished?" Then I think, maybe his death has all been a long, horrible, dream...He stands up and says, "Well? What's wrong?" I snap out of my stuper and hug him while crying heavily. He sounds concerned saying, "Sweetie, it was only a glass. I'm not mad, please don't cry!" Then I tell him I thought he had been dead for eight years, he calmed me down to the point where I explained in detail what I thought I had happened to him. Then he told me, "Beth, it was all just a bad dream. I'm planning to stick around for quite sometime, if thats ok with you." He smiles. I just hug him again and think how horrible that dream was. All of the sudden, we hear a thump on the front door. We walk through the living room, and he opens the door. It was one of his alcoholic friends again, but this time he looked mad. Then he pulled out a gun, BANG. My dad is down! I feel my sleeping self cry even harder. I quickly shut the door and lock it, I can't drag my dad out of the doorway to shut and bolt the next door! I start crying and screaming hoping maybe my brother heard the noise and would come up stairs to help me. Nothing. I have to leave my dad in the doorway. I have to shut the next door. I then lock it and make a quick grab for the phone...the line is dead. I can't call cops, ambulence, my mom, no one. I then see a shadow behind my parents bedroom window and it's him. He's trying to get in, and there's no door for me to shut, my parent's room just has an archway. I start screaming and panicing. I feel alone and scared and I'm losing my dad all over again. Then I see the shadow disappear, and then re-appear at MY bedroom window. I can see through a hole in the curtain he has a rock, and it will shatter my window easily, it's old glass. I go in to histarics and can't scream anymore, I'm terrified. I see his shadow motion to smash the window...and.....the dream ends, and I wake up in a cold sweat. I don't know what the more painful part of the dream was, having my dad back then him getting shot, or waking up and realizing I never had him back. That was the most painful dream I've EVER had. The problem here? I can sometimes remember dreams, but there either scary and/or painful, or I'm missing vital parts of it. I would like to be able to remember one completely good dream, the last one of those I had was when I think I was 11, but there's no way of knowing for sure. I want one good dream. Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just me? The question still remains, why can I no longer remember my dreams?

No comments: