Friday, September 2, 2011

Full circle? Not quite.

The idiom "coming full circle," ha. I think I came full circle in June, then surpassed it completely. Ladies and gents, this is not the same person blogging to you now that was blogging to you previously.
I honestly am happy. Because the term "full circle" would suggest that I am back to the same spot in my life, being the same person. I'm fully aware though that I'm not as I was one year ago, let alone three months ago.
How to summarize this for you...my summer was CRAZY. Let me put it this way, I was very very adventurous the past few months. I myself may have become temporarily crazy :) I feel as though I've emerged more liberated than before. I've learned what I want out of life and what I don't want. I've learned to see each day as a chance to live more fully and optimistically. I've learned a great deal about myself. Not to say that I've all of the sudden abandoned all rational thinking, more to say that I've experienced many things this summer and I know I don't need to overdo it.
It's interesting to think that we definitively know ourselves, only to have everything go askew allowing us to have a new perspective. I like this new me, friends tell me that I have a new sense about me and it radiates more positively. To think I was once afraid of so many trivial things. But now I can say on a small scale I've conquered roller-coasters. On a larger scale I've acted shamelessly and apologized to no one, not even myself. I've laid bare in the sand at two in the morning watching the stars. I've had the spontaneous adventures I craved. I've seen different people; had fun with them for the sake of fun. Like I said, life has been crazy. Moral to this: don't be afraid. I know I've said it before, but truly I have now lived fearlessly.

On a side note, I'm into my second week of my second year of college and so far it's fantastic. Classes are great, teachers are too. So yay for that! :)
Work is still work, I did help train three newbies.
Other than that, that's all there is to say for now.
As always, thanks for reading.

In closing, a poem constructed by yours truly.

So a summer in review, its true, I did go crazy. Body worn, eyes tired, and my memory a bit

hazy. And as I see it, I don't quite believe it, but it happened all the same. For that, dear

friends, I have no one but myself to happily blame. :)


Until next time.

-Beth

*SONG OF THE MONTH*
"I Must Be A Lover" by Guillemots
(Bands to check out: Guillemots, The Vaccines, Elliot Smith.)


No comments: