Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sunk in Finally.

Hello again!
So where is this title going to lead us today you may wonder???
Well its an all too familiar story friends. Here we go.

SO there I was, (yes its one of those stories) sitting in quite a different situation, just shaking from excitement and anticipation. (RHYMING!!!) :)

Anyway, as excited as I was for this particular event, at the same time I was experiencing extreme nostalgia. It was at this moment, sitting in my old high school's auditorium, looking at the stage, that I realized...I'm so far gone from high school. Never again would I do a fall musical or play on that stage again. Clearly, this fact hadn't been completely lost on me, but being there watching the first show from the audience made it all the more real. Me and my fellow alum all felt the same, full of pride but also a little sadness for that which we were no longer apart of, at least in the school sense.

The end result of the show was truly phenomenal. Not to mention, a guy who I think of like my little brother was the lead and I seriously could not of been more proud of him.

And you know, that fact in itself made my time in the drama department worthwhile; watching my younger friends grow and progress into more amazing actors. It crystallized for me, it wasn't the school I missed, it was the people. Because the friends you make in a drama department become your family and make you want to get up in the morning and get better.

In summary, I was swelling with pride after the show. They really hold their own, and made the musical I most dislike, likable! Kudos kids :)

This post is dedicated to you guys, keep being as talented and wonderful as you all are. And just know that you have all, yet again, proved you'll go far. Love you guys.

To end with something completely irrelevant to the above but oh so much geeky fun, here's a question for you; Do you like robots? Do you like robot combat? Well so do I! And that's why the following link will take you to such a program called MEDIA MONSTERS! Watch your mechanized children fight for your honor! You create them and then have a battle royal with other robits, a very nice waste of time if I do say so myself. And I do.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2gL6wI/www.verbatim.jp/senshuken%3Fid%3D1172573


Fight on friends!

Until next post,
-Beth

No comments: