Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Midnight Mind Wandering

I am still wide awake, (as I have been consistantly all summer) and feeling pretty good about everything. I just finished a great book entitled "An Abundance of Katherines" by John Green. It was so great because it was entertaining, but at the same time, the ending of it made me think. Here's a rather long quote from the book about the main character; "And in that space, Collin thought, there was room enough to reinvent himself---room enough to make himself into something other than a prodigy, to remake his story better and different---room enough to be reborn again and again. A snake killer, an Archduke, a slayer of TOCs---a genius even. There was room enough to be anyone---anyone except whom he'd already been, for if Colin had learned thing from Gutshot, it's that you can't stop the future from coming. And for the first time in his life, he smiled thinking about the always-coming infinite future stretching out before him." That just really hit home with me :) It makes me not worry so much about what will happen in the future even if it turns out to be bad. The obvious thing is that it all happens for a reason, but the good news is that there is a long stretch of time for good things to happen. The future is exciting. This quote made me realize to calm the "fug" down :) (Two of the main characters say "fug" along with other variations of it in the book as a tribute to this author who had to clean up his language in a book to get it published.) The only thing to do is to BE excited. Ya, everything as of now is unknown. But I'm just looking for all the good things to happen to me, because they will. Life, as I believe, is meant to be lived. Maybe with some caution here and there, but living is the exciting part. As I have learned from this book, doing something crazy would be living well and bettering yourself! Thats my little bit of advice, maybe I'll even follow it! Who knows right?

Thats my final word for tonight, along with the strong recommendation of this book.
Remember friends, The purpose of life is to live :)

No comments: