Monday, August 17, 2009

The 12th Year

It was only 3 years ago that I was just starting out in High School. Nothing has ever seemed as strange to me as this, I am one year from the real world. It's truly amazing how fast time passes, how much I've changed. Being at the beginning of the end, its difficult for me to imagine never being apart of my school again. In all honesty, I can't really think about it. Most are understandably excited to graduate and get away from the seemingly obnoxious and mundane experience of high school. I know I will be at some point, but I think of how much there is to do and only one year to do it in. Normally that would seem like plenty of time, but when you're looking at a one way trip to college it seems concise, like the ultimate deadline. All I'm saying is that its funny how we can take our time for granted. It seems like everything is moving so slowly, we drag our feet day in and day out, staring at the clock for a 90 minute duration just waiting for the school day to be over. What we fail to realize is how fast time is actually passing by. Its like you blink, and its gone. Thats where I currently am. I think the reason a year seems so short is how I've heard from everyone that Senior year is not only your best year, but its also your fastest. All there is to do is live it up and enjoy the ride. I will be working my butt off to be ready, but it will so be worth it. It won't hit me for a while after it happens, but when I get ready to put on that cap and gown, shake hands with the principal, and recieve my diploma for the past four years, I will have the sweet memories of high school running through my head the entire time. Here's to what is sure to be an incredible last year, the 12th year.

1 comment:

Tom Degan said...

Your blog is very well written. Keep posting regularly. Sincerely,

Tom Degan