Friday, June 10, 2011

SKRILLEX; SKRILLS TO PAY THINE BILLS

Hey kids! Welcome to yet another post on mah blog.
Now if you're looking at the title and thinking to yourself, "What the fuck is a skrillex?", allow me to clue you in. As a lot of you know, I'm die-hard rock and roll when it comes to music. But as of this past year, I've expanded my horizons musically and have been very pleased with what I've found. I've never really been one to listen to electronic music, but when attending Coachella two months back, the was what the first day consisted of and I found myself wanting to dance until I fell over! I did, a few times. :p It makes one want to party :) haha!
ANYWAYS, Skrillex was one such artist. Here's a little background info; He's an electro house/dubstep DJ from LA, also former front man of the band From First to Last, (this was a smart move on his part, trust me.) His mixes are really, as the kids say, sick. lol.
The music gets your blood pumping and I constantly find myself getting lost in it! He recently released a new album called "More Sprites and Monsters" <-------(P.S., the track called First of the Year is in-freakin-credible!) This album is kind of a continuation of the album he released last year, ALSO addictive.
Anyway I guess the summary of this post would be to expand your musical tastes; venture into something you never really thought of liking, you may be surprised. And I recommend this album, you won't regret it. Below I'll post a link of "First of the Year", give ya a feel for the sound.

OVERALL RATING
"MORE SPRITES AND MONSTERS"
Kudos to you Sir Skrillex :)
Until next time!
-Beth

No comments: